Thank you for choosing Ophthalmic Partners. We are committed to providing you with the best eye care possible. To accomplish this, we need your assistance in understanding our practice policies.
If you are new to Ophthalmic Partners, you may wish to print out the medical history form on the Patient Forms page to complete before your appointment. Because we are a multi-subspecialty practice, please note that not all of our physicians offer the same range of services. Specifically, contact lens services are offered by Drs. Beck, Chung and Lee at our Philadelphia Office only.
Cancellations and Late Arrivals
If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that we may offer the time to another patient. If you are more than 20 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, we will make every effort to work you back into the physician’s schedule. However, we may have no choice but to reschedule your appointment. We thank you for your understanding.
Responsibility for the Bill
All patients receiving services from Ophthalmic Partners are financially responsible for the timely payment of all charges incurred. For those patients with insurance accepted by our physicians, Ophthalmic Partners will submit the bill to the insurance company first for payment. It is your responsibility to pay any deductible amount, co-insurance, or any other balance not paid by your insurance.
Please bring your insurance card(s) with you, especially if you are a patient new to the practice. Failure to bring your insurance card(s) may result in a rescheduled appointment if we are unable to verify coverage, unless you are willing to pay for the visit out of pocket.
If your insurance plan requires a referral for you to see a specialist, it is your responsibility to have your primary care physician submit the referral prior to your visit. If we have not received your referral by the time of your appointment, we will allow you an additional 20 minutes to obtain one, and we will work you back into the physician’s schedule. We will be unable to accommodate you without a referral, however, unless you are willing to pay for the visit out of pocket.
Point of Service Collection
Payment for non-covered services, such as refractions or contact lens fittings, is due at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, checks, and major credit cards for your convenience. Co-pays and all outstanding balances are also due at the time of service. If you have a question about your outstanding balance, our Business Office will be more than happy to assist you.
“Refraction” is a procedure necessary for our physicians to evaluate your vision and/or write you a prescription for glasses. If you are experiencing blurred vision or decreased visual acuity as measured by the eye chart, refraction would help determine whether the difficulty is associated with a medical problem or a need for glasses. During the refraction, the physician or technician offers you a series of lens choices until you reach the best corrected vision. Unfortunately, not all insurance plans cover this service, and Medicare specifically excludes refractions as a covered benefit. The cost of the refraction is $35. This payment is due at the time of service for Medicare patients. For those patients with commercial insurance, we will submit the refraction claim and only bill you if your insurance company determines that you are responsible for payment.
Ophthalmic Partners accepts insurance from the following health carriers. Unless otherwise noted, all of our physicians participate with the designated insurers. Should you have any questions, please call our Business Office at (866) 559-6724.
- Advantra Freedom
- Aetna HMO/POS/PPO
- AmeriHealth Administrators
- AmeriHealth HMO/PPO
- Beech Street (Drs. Lee, Pro, Raber, Schmidt)
- Blue Shield of Pennsylvania (includes out of area Blue Shield plans)
- Cigna-HealthSpring (formerly Bravo)
- Connecticut General (Dr. Ayres)
- Consumer Health Network
- Conventry (also known as First Health)
- Davis Vision (Drs. Beck, Epting, Lee, Schrack, Nelson for exam only)
- Devon/Medical Mutual (Dr. Ayres)
- Great West (also known as One Health plan)
- Health Net NJ (Drs. Ayres, Lee, Pro, Raber, Schmidt)
- Health Net PA (Drs. Ayres, Lee, Pro, Raber, Schmidt, Moster, Nelson)
- Health Partners (Drs. Moster, Dale)
- Health Assurance/Health America
- Horizon BCBS of NJ (Drs. Ayres, Lee, Pro, Raber, Schmidt)
- Keystone Health Plan East
- Keystone 65
- InterGroup/PPO Next/Master Care/ Preferred Care
- Keystone First
- Medical Assistance NJ/Unisys (Drs. Ayres, Epting, Lee, Pro, Raber, Schmidt, Schrack)
- Medical Assistance PA/Access
- Mutual of Omaha
- NJ Carpenters H & W (Drs. Ayres, Lee, Pro, Raber, Schmidt)
- Operating Engineers Local 825 (Drs. Lee, Schmidt)
- Personal Choice
- Personal Choice 65
- Private HealthCare Systems (Dr. Ayres)
- United HealthCare/Oxford NJ (Drs. Ayres, Lee, Pro, Raber, Schmidt)
- United HealthCare/Oxford PA
- US Family Health Plan (Drs. Ayres, Lee, Lichtenstein, Pro, Raber, Schmidt)
- Workers’ Compensation